Dazzling Beads on Deep Pine
A million gorgeous beads in white, copper, bronze and slate on a background of a gazillion tiny stitches.
This is an early 1900s Victorian Era needlepoint. I am not sure what it's original purpose was. It was cut at an odd angle which I did not alter for fear of losing beads. It is missing some beads, but the tiny stitches are all intact. It will need to be protected as any 100 year old would. It is truly one-of-a-kind
- This pumpkin measures aprx. 8" . Stem height not included in measurements.
- The pumpkins are made from vintage needlepoints which are rarely perfect.
- Pumpkins are sold ‘as is’ with warts and all
- The pumpkins are filled with mostly rice (for easy reshaping) and finished with 100% polyfil
- Pumpkins are for display only, not to be used as toys
- When not in use, they should be stored in a cool, airtight container
- Photos are taken in natural daylight. Some variance may happen due to computer screens. The camera does pick up the more vibrant colors, to the eye the colors are more muted.
- Because the wool is vintage, and the stems/ caps are real proper storage is a must. The pumpkins/acorns should be stored in an airtight container in cool dry place (add a packet of whole cloves or bay leaves, if you wish.) Cold storage is preferred. They could also be stored in a freezer from time to time.