This is an early 1900s Victorian Era needlepoint. I believe it to be from a fire screen from the actual shape of needlepoint which I did not alter for fear of losing beads. It shows ravages of time and use. It is missing some beads, lots of stitches, and some damaged canvas. It will need to be protected as any 100 year old would. It is truly one-of-a-kind
- This pumpkin measures aprx. 8.5" . Stem height not included in measurements.
- The pumpkins are made from vintage needlepoints which are rarely perfect.
- Pumpkins are sold ‘as is’ with warts and all
- The pumpkins are filled with mostly rice (for easy reshaping) and finished with 100% polyfil
- Pumpkins are for display only, not to be used as toys
- When not in use, they should be stored in a cool, airtight container
- Photos are taken in natural daylight. Some variance may happen due to computer screens. The camera does pick up the more vibrant colors, to the eye the colors are more muted.
- Because the wool is vintage, and the stems/ caps are real proper storage is a must. The pumpkins/acorns should be stored in an airtight container in cool dry place (add a packet of whole cloves or bay leaves, if you wish.) Cold storage is preferred. They could also be stored in a freezer from time to time.